With the weather warming up, so is our spring attire….
Checkout Belk Spring ’15 Fashion Tour at Galleria Dallas
Belk Galleria Dallas hosted its Spring Fashion Tour with Arlene Goldstein, VP of Trend Merchandising and Fashion Direction. Arlene unveiled spring’s “Most Wanted” looks for men and women, and highlighted the season’s four Style Statements: Garden Party, Sport Chic, Spare Me and Islander.
This spring, modern, southern style is all about the mix. Whether it’s sleek and edgy, hi-tech casual, exotic details or beautiful botanicals, Belk’s 2015 Spring Style features a touch of the unexpected. The look is in the mix and modern, southern style is helping to rewrite the rules.
Spring 2015 Style Statements
Spare Me: Expect a modern aesthetic highlighting architectural forms like A-line, columns and trumpet skirts, along with tunics, over-sized shirtings and trapeze dresses. Rely on advanced shine, sheers, unexpected fabric mixes and coated surfaces, along with bold stripes, artistic scribble, grids and photo realism as some of the modern fabric options. Bold cuffs, chokers, over-sized clutches, mini bags, and shoes with bottom interest will have you putting your best foot forward.
“Spare Me” Fashion Direction (attribute quotes to Arlene Goldstein):
- “This spring we’ll see a palette of whites—feel free to rewrite the rules, wear white year-round. White shoes and accessories are in!”
- “The ‘Spare Me’ statement showcases color-blocking in a surprising way.”
- “We’ll see a continuation of black and white with unexpected pops of color. Black and white is a palette cleanser for the beginning of the season.”
- This spring we see the return of statement earrings and linear jewelry. Gold is a precious metal and it will be everywhere this spring!”
Garden Party: Imagine a fashion folio showcasing dreamy pales and mid-tones, a wardrobe of whites, florals and beautiful botanicals. Think, lace-like textiles, sheers, intricate appliques, embroideries, and crystal pleats. Flower-motifs are everywhere. Expect amazing accessories like colorful stone treatments, pearl variations and statement earrings, polished off with lady-like handbags and single sole pumps—often with ankle interest.
“Garden Party” Fashion Direction from Arlene Goldstein:
- “The flower is the most important motif of the season, a literal version or a more digitized version, both work. The floral shoe can update a little black dress or white dress.”
- “This spring, bring out the statement necklaces and long pleated skirts! Covering the knee is also on trend. We’ll see longer dresses and skirts with a classic look.”
- “I’m loving lace—the longevity of lace has been part of the fashion story I’ve been telling for years. It continues to be reinvented successfully.”
Islander: A travelogue full of pattern mixes, wraps, ties, tassels, and fringe will feel so fresh. Exotic details include beading and embroideries with eye-catching bright colors. Mixed media is the message for add-ons with an organic flavor. Add layered necks, arm candy, big gold hoops, statement earrings, head wraps and strappy sandals with bold bottoms.
Fashion Direction from Arlene Goldstein:
- “The islander look is all about a vacation vibe. We’ll see a mixing of ethnic and classic stripes.”
- “I love matched sets for spring. Combine pieces of the same or similar patterns. Look for color commonality and don’t be afraid to mix things up.”
- “The islander look incorporates a rustic and refined approach to jewelry.”
- “Fringe is still making an appearance; I’m loving all things tribal.”
Sport Chic: This trend is borrowed from the gym. Performance fabrics like jersey, double knits, nylon mesh and scuba are complemented by innovative perfs, color blocking and contrast zippers. Athletic-inspired hoodies, bombers, halters and jog pants are paired with more polished items. Stylish sneakers as well as sneaker-influenced sandals and sport-style booties with new-age backpacks and totes are a must.
Fashion Direction from Arlene Goldstein:
- “The athletic look is one of the most exciting trends on the fashion front. It’s a marriage of items borrowed from the gym.”
- “This look incorporates mesh, pleather and the elevated sweatshirt.”
- “In footwear, we’ll see tractor bottom shoes and sandals.”
The looks and accessories showcased designer brands found at Belk such as Trina Turk, Ralph Lauren, Vince Camuto, Dolce Vita, Sam Edelman, Pink Tartan and French Connection.
Women’s Most Wanted Spring 2015
- Soft Pants
- Easy Fit Top
- Matched Set
- Longer Skirt
- Floral Dress
- Statement Earrings
- Glitzy Sandals
- Look at Me Lips
Men’s Most Wanted Spring 2015
- Updated Polo
- Shorter Short
- Bold Prints
- Jog Shorts
- Athletic-Inspired Knit
- Plaid Sportcoat
- White Pants
- Spring Suit
- Fashion Add-Ons
- Sneaker-Style Slip Ons
Photos by Shana Anderson.
Where Wear will we be next….
Spring trending at Belk,